Bloodied Piano Keys

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bloodied Piano Keys

Post  Bemottled on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 pm

[Angel]

I don't bother in the main room, though the books, racks of fine wine, and various other shelves holding parchment, blank books, cigar boxes, and brass curiosities are generally something I spend a bit looking through to kill time.
I just wander down the narrow passage into the bedroom, sitting on the king size bed there and unlacing my boots.
I guess I'd just sleep. I didn't really have anything else to do.
I brush some of my feathers off the bed and hang the trench coat off the bed post.
I briefly consider falling asleep in my clothes, but know I'd end up sleeping worse because of it and just strip, quickly grabbing the covers because the room was freezing. It was a cave, der.
Hadn't been a problem when it'd been outfitted for two- he'd ran so hot that I'd rarely been cold at night, but now I just had five thick blankets and still was cold sometimes.
Wonder if Mi'jette could fix that.
I shake my head again at the thought.
I reach down beside the bed, grab a bottle of fine wine, and pull the cork off before taking a sip.
"Nil desprandum.." I mutter, leaning back against the headboard.
Rough latin for 'nothing to despair about'.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 am

[Mi'Jette]

The pain was seriously getting to me and I groan again, trying to roll over.
A yelp escapes my throat when he grabs a hold of my hair and pulls me to my feet, which suddenly made me realize how pathetically lost I was.
"Perhaps next time you'll rethink your boundaries," he hisses, embedding the stake into my back, hearing sizzling from my flesh because of the vervain concoction he had dipped it in. I whimper and collapse onto the floor, shakily trying to reach the stake in order to pull it out.
"Rorick, what are you doing? Rorick!" shouts a voice nearby and suddenly the air changes from stuffy heat to a chilly, moist air.

[Rorick] - (Arctic fox with a black smudge on his left eye)

"Hello?" I call out, holding Mi'Jette's nearly limp body as I glance around the dark space of the sewers.
I was certain I had picked up the same scent that was on her, but the damp smell was fucking with my senses.
"Is anyone here?"
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 am

[Angel]

My eyes open almost immediately.
I was a light sleeper. My only natural blessing in adapting to this harsh life.
My head is still a bit fuzzy from the wine, but I reach under my pillow, touching the smooth barrel of my rifle.
I don't recognize the voice... I don't think so atleast.
My ears are straining hard, and my breathing becomes shallow.
In all the years I'd been living on my own here, nobody had found the place.
One or two had found us when there was still and 'us'- Saw had taken care of them and their contractors with brutal efficiency.
I didn't think I had the same grace.
So I waited.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:11 am

[Rorick]

"Please come out? I can only see so well in here," I complain, feeling Mi'Jette twitch slightly.
"Mi'Jette is about to die for sure, if that's any consolation..."
If I hadn't stumbled upon who I thought I did, then I had a massive ass problem in my hands.
This girl was going to get me killed this time, I swear.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:15 am

[Angel]

My fur is standing on end, and I feel internally conflicted for the first time in a long time.
Easily could be a trap.
Easily could die.
But then again...
I slide out of bed, finding the trench coat and pulling it on to cover myself before leaving my rifle in favor of the revolver.
I pop the cylinder out to check that its loaded, then slide it back in and thumb the hammer back.
Time to see what the cat brought in.
I pad silently towards the door, quiet as ever, and speak in an even tone;
"Who are you, and how did you find me?"
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:19 am

[Rorick]

"My name is Rorick van Luven. I followed the scent combination you left on Mi'Jette's fur... I hit a dead end when I got in here."
I hadn't taken a single step, but I wanted to terribly because Mi'Jette wasn't moving.
"I'm a vampire, just like her... If that's anything best of a warning. I won't hurt you unless you ignore me."
Mi'Jette shudders and I panic a little, pulling her closer, despite the blood that was staining my clothes and driving me over the deep end.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:22 am

[Angel]

His last word is enough to make me growl automatically.
Though it feels wrong, I slide the five bolts on the door, pulling it open and pointing the revolver at him though I knew it wouldn't do much good when it came down to it.
"Fine. Come in. Only because I like her."
I shift to the side, my eyes flickering to Mi'jette. I feel a bit of concern- she looks bad.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:25 am

[Rorick]

I nod and carefully walk inside, making sure Mi'Jette didn't bump into the wall or something.
"Where can I put her...? She's not exactly clean," I mutter uncomfortably, my eyes starting to get bloodshot.
I could have saved her on my own... But I needed a place to hide her while she recovered and she'd protest to my place if she knew.
This was my only real option, despite the obvious risks in it.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am

[Angel]

"Ah... give me a second."
I walk briskly across the room, pushing things out of the way as I went, before I find the large butcher's table and push it back to the center of the room.
It'd been buried in the back for god knew how long, but it was clear and was already stained with old blood. For this very purpose, actually.
I still remembered digging the shrapnel out of his gut..
I scratch absently at a stain and pat the table.
"Here. Do I need to fetch anything, or..?"
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 am

[Rorick]

I set Mi'Jette on the table once it's free, shifting her limbs a little.
"Liquor... She'll probably want to drown in it once she's conscious again," I reply.
My jaw shifts and I roll up my sleeve, biting my wrist and ripping it open rather harshly.
"Come on, stupid girl. Not dying yet," I grumble, propping her head up and setting my wrist into her mouth to let the blood drain down her throat. When the blood starts to pour back out of her mouth my panic sets in again, but she coughs and lurches upright, which about knocks her off the table. "Shit! No, hang on!" I say quickly, grabbing her arm so she doesn't fall off.
"Owwwwwwfuckamotherfuckingfuck!" she snarls, the mix of trauma causing her fangs to elongate.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 am

[Angel]

I already have the hard liquors hidden- but I do step back a bit to pull a bottle of vodka from a shelf.
I jump at the way the cavern magnifies her voice, but continue watching, morbid curiosity piqued.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 am

[Rorick]

"Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me, hun," I say quickly, trying to get her to stop moving so much, grabbing her jaw to make her look at me.
"... Get your ugly face away from me," she mumbles.
"Missed you too, dickhead," I chuckle, seeing the smile show up on her face, "Now stop moving before my efforts go to shit again." I tug up her shirt and look over her wounds, mainly the one that managed to go through her ribcage from the back and protrude from the front. The flesh was still partially blackened, but it was shifting in attempts to heal. "You won't be going anywhere for a while, so take the time off and don't argue with me..." She makes a face and sighs, knowing I'm right and just lays back down, my jacket serving as her pillow.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm

[Angel]

I shift my weight from foot to foot, tail flicking.
"What happened, anyways?"
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:19 pm

[Rorick]

I set my bleeding wrist back in front of Mi'Jette and she turns her head away from it.
"She shot her mouth off again in front of the council. Plus, she killed an aristocrat not too long ago, apparently," I reply;
"They get pissed off easily."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm

[Angel]

I go to run a hand through my hair before I realize its pulled back.
"She doesn't spare much thought to self preservation, does she?"
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 pm

[Rorick]

"Not her style unfortunately... It's been hard as a rock ever since she lost her partner, too," I explain, getting a dirty look from Mi'Jette.
I offer her my wrist again and she wrinkles her nose, despite the fact that I knew she needed it.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 pm

[Angel]

"I know how that is."
I look at Mi'jette now;
"Drink or I hide the booze."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:08 pm

[Rorick]

I was surprised when Mi'Jette took my arm, the wolf's statement obviously hitting a nerve.
My tail flips out of the way when I sit down next to her once she sits up, wrapping my arm around her neck for easy access.
This situation was normal now... Which wasn't a good thing.
"Her stubbornness passes occasionally," I add, feeling her fangs stab into my wrist again.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 pm

[Angel]

I nod, wringing my hands since there was nothing in them to keep them occupied.
I was glad that had worked..
"So this happens alot?"
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

[Rorick]

I nod sullenly, shifting slightly when Mi'Jette starts to relax and lean into me.
"Vampires are difficult to kill just by beating them, so the punching bag effect is used repeatedly to enforce the feeling."
Mi'Jette gives my arm back and licks her lips clean, giving me the opportunity to rub her ear a little and hear her purr for a moment.
"The elders are much, much older in comparison to us, which gives them a lack of remorse. They simply have no give-a-fuck attitude."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 am

[Angel]

My ear flicks a bit. I'm silent a moment, processing this information.
I'm relieved Mi'jette is okay. Yet still a bit nervous about having people here- there had never been other people here.
"She said you try to hide your existence... yet you assumed I knew already." I state, looking at him to expand on this.
I was trying to understand how much he knew without accusing.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 am

[Rorick]

"It was a risky guess... But I had a feeling that I was correct, and my instincts are hardly ever wrong."
I didn't blame her for trying to know more, considering I had basically just barged into her home without warning.
"I do not know who you are, or who you are to Mi'Jette, if that's what you're wondering. I didn't ask."
Didn't seem it was very polite to pry on such a hunch anyway.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:16 am

[Angel]

I visibly relax, the fur along my spine lowering.
"Thank you. For not letting her die, and for not prying." I say, genuinely meaning it for once.
I was half sure he'd be able to tell if I was lying, anyways.
I flick my tail, realign my wings across my back, and move Mi'jette's hand to the neck of the bottle.
"This isn't my cheap stuff, so you'd better drink all of it." I state, my tone turning firm again, though there's a slight playful smile on my face.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:25 am

[Rorick]

I nod in response to her, only wanting to go so far because of my recent actions.
Mi'Jette's soft chuckle towards the alcohol causes my ears to perk up and I smile at her, not realizing it.
She stares at me for a brief moment before opening up the bottle and gulping down a heavy portion.
"I hope she hasn't given you too many problems since you met her," I say to the wolf, glancing at her.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:28 am

[Angel]

I shake my head, my smile now rueful.
"Nah. Just made it more...colorful."
I tilt my head;
"I've been seeing in black and white for far too long."

Bemottled