Plague of Mortalitas

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plague of Mortalitas

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:51 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I take a gulp of my drink and purr quietly at the taste.
The taste was almost like a memory. I had been too used to just straight vodka and the taste of Kahlua was fabulous.
I hold the glass in front of my mouth, smelling it subtly while I watch the pit bull.
His words cause a grin to show up on my face.
"I'd rather a bartender that can mix good drinks versus one that would like to shoot me in the back with a shotgun;"
"So you really have nothing to worry about there. No point in stealing from you anyway. This whole place just runs in a damn circle."
Plus, there's no way I can carry that much liquor.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:57 pm

[Angel]

The pit bull smiles faintly at the compliment, though he shows no other sign he heard what she said.
I take another sip, sighing quietly.
My ear turns back at the sound of a chair scraping the floor. My head is soon to follow in turning; two men have stood and are standing a few feet from each other, having some form of nonverbal argument.
I tilt my head slightly. What they were doing was purely body language based. One would bristle; the other would snap.
The pit bull was watching on, and I realized that this was their way of settling something without getting thrown out.
Clever..
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:03 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I smirk when I pick up his smile, but find it best not to comment on it, so I simply take another sip.
When Angel picked up the chair movement, I did at almost the same time, glancing back at the two just to make sure they weren't walking this direction.
Their argument really didn't have anything to do with me unless they came my direction, or Angel's for that matter.
I'd kick their asses without a second thought... Maybe even before Scruffy here could throw 'em out, but he'd end up throwing me out too probably.
What a shame really. Getting kicked out of a bar was utterly depressing.
I rub my shoulder again and wince a little, wishing it'd stop bothering me, but figuring it wouldn't for quite some time.
My tongue runs along my bottom lip, pausing when it touches my lip ring, before I consume another portion of my drink.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm

[Angel]

I turn away after figuring it was better not to stare.
My tail flicks a bit, the heavy ring thumping against my barstool quietly. I stop that after a few seconds, too.
Of course when I stop flicking my tail, my left arm twitches. Three seconds later, my right wing.
Damn my ADHD..
I glance up and notice someone staring at me.
Shitfuck.
I ruffle my wings again and try to focus on not twitching.
Worked for about ten seconds. My right foot twitches this time. I take a drink, my ears tilted back, and glance around for something to focus on that'd keep my mind busy enough to stop the twitching.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I pick up Angel's twitching almost immediately out of the corner of my eye mid-sip.
Poor girl. I always felt bad when she started twitching like that.
I lightly set a hand on hers as I glance around the room, setting my chin in my hand, fingers resting on my cheekbone.
A tune started playing in my head when I caught sight of a picture frame hanging on the wall to my left.
What looked like the pit bull in the photo, there was also a beaten piano and a couple other guys surrounding it with drinks in their hands.
I hadn't heard a piano in such a long time. One of the things I deeply missed... Music in general.
The soft melody that was able to put people at ease and calm a room in mere moments was something that came rare nowadays.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:26 pm

[Angel]

I squeeze Mi'jette's hand, though my leg twitches at almost the exact same time.
I shake my head and take another sip of my drink.
There's two men staring now. Lovely.
I tense slightly and manage to stop my next twitch from being so visible.
My eyes wander again, and they end up on the pit bull, who becomes the focus of my now intense study.
He doesn't seem to care, though his ear moves a bit to show he knew I was staring.
In the next few minutes, I discover three habits.
He only took a breath every two seconds.
He cleaned glasses in no more than twenty seconds.
And he checked the room every twelve seconds.
And my twitching had stopped because my overactive mind had found something to focus on. Good.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:39 pm

[Mi'Jette]

The basically quiet room was putting me in a daze and my eyes half close.
Seeing the piano had set my mind at a weird level and now that's all I could think about.
Hearing a false piano in my head that seemed to satisfy the image.
However, due to this, I absently start playing some of the keys on the counter while I stare at a crack on the wall, just past the pit bull's head.
If I started to hum, then that would be strange and I'd stop all together, but I stayed quiet.
Made me wonder if the pit bull had really played the piano before... And if he did, how long it had been.
I was secretly starting to hope he had a hidden piano somewhere and would play it just out of the courtesy of his scruffy heart.
My hope nearly made me snort, but I just blink and keep playing my mental piano.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:43 pm

[Angel]

I notice the Pit Bull staring at Mi'jette's hands, his eyes seeming to comprehend what she was doing. He started smiling faintly again.
I blink, looking between the two.
He seems to be focused mostly on what she's doing now, because his other habits have mostly stopped.
My ears perk up slightly. Was I missing something?
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 pm

[Mi'Jette]

It took me a couple moments to realize that Scruffy was staring and I end my song with my ring finger.
My eyes shift to look at him and I raise an eyebrow, smirking.
"Was I doing something funny?" I ask quietly, having a feeling my little habit had struck a chord of memory in his head.
Maybe I really shouldn't have given a name like others do with animals.
Scruffy... He'd probably smack me if I actually said that out loud.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:54 pm

[Reiner]

I mutter something in German, before addressing the girl.
"Not funny. Just different. I did not know anyone knew piano anymore." My words heavily overlain by my accent.
The winged one looks at me funny. I ignore it.
"Did you play?" I query, setting the glass I'd been cleaning down.

[Angel]

Woah. This huge brute of a guy played piano? What?
I tried to visualize it. My puzzlement/amusement probably showed on my face.
Also, his accent seemed more prominent now. I nearly squeak.
It was a German accent.
Oh my god.
Yessssss~

Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I get a shiver up my spine when he starts speaking again, finally picking up on his accent.
Oh good lord... Merciful heavens.
"Briefly, yes... Quite the amateur actually; I was still in the learning process when I was... Stopped, so to speak," I reply, trying not to show my utter delight at hearing his accent and finding out he was a German mutt.
"Based on the photo on the wall, I'm assuming you played, Scruffy?"
The name slipped out of my mouth before I caught it and I may have had a sudden horrified look on my face.
Oh shit fuck kill me now.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:06 am

[Reiner]

I laugh richly at the nickname that slips out, earning me quite a few looks from the bar's inhabitants.
I lick my chops and set the glass down.
"I've not been called scruffy since I was a pup and mein mother got upset at me for stealing her ale." I say, chuckling a bit again.
"You're right, I did play. Before this." I pick up the glass again, done speaking for the moment.
When I notice the seven others in the bar are still staring, I slam the mug down in it's place and stare pointedly at the biggest of the guests, a graying lion.
He clears his throat and goes back to staring into his drink.
I grumble another line in German.
"Das ist richtig, schmutzige Katze .."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am

[Mi'Jette]

A shudder goes up my spine at hearing his laugh and am a bit surprised at the reaction to the nickname.
Rather glad he didn't hit me for being weird.
"'Tis cute," I comment, smirking at his sudden change in demeanor.
"Understandable. A lot of things just... End because of this."
I saw him slam the mug on the counter before he actually did, so I managed not to jump at the loud sound.
His German made me wonder what kind of insult he just muttered.
"Down, boy," I whisper teasingly, rubbing Angel's hand gently.
My tail was swishing back and forth at a decent pace and would occasionally hit the legs of my stool, making a couple clinking sounds on each pass.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:26 am

[Angel]

I have a feeling Mi'jette is swooning just as much as me over this guy.
Her comment makes me giggle, my tail flicking as well.
Occasionally the ring would clink against her tail, resulting in a sharp sound.
Unfortunately, the pit bull seems to have stopped talking.. I squirm a little and brave a question.
"Do you still play?" I ask.
He sighs quietly, leaning back on the counter behind him and seeming distant suddenly. His gaze seems to fix on the picture Mi'jette had mentioned earlier.
"My piano burned with the world." He says. Just that. Nothing else.
It's an incredibly depressing line when I coupled it with his expression..
Sorry for asking.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 am

[Mi'Jette]

My eye twitches at the sharp sound when our tails collide and I rub my jaw.
His silence was unnerving and I'm not sure I liked it at all.
Angel's question definitely made me interested, because I had been thinking the same thing.
... However, I really hadn't expected that depressing of an answer.
I glance at Angel and hold back a sigh.
"I really wish we could have heard you play... Just one of those things I suppose," I reply, mainly to myself;
"You're a wonderful bartender as it is, so I can only imagine what you would've been like as a bartender with a piano."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 am

[Reiner]

I rub the back of my neck and set the mug down for the last time, her compliment only making me exhale roughly.
"I am only here because my brother would have wanted it." I say, my tone balancing back to neutral.
I would rather eat a bullet than work one more day in this shit hole.
I survey the room again- the collie that had been at the back table before had moved to the barstool. He orders a beer. I grab one for him and pop the cap, pocketing it and setting the bottle in front of him.
He doesn't seem like trouble. He hasn't been trouble for the past few days. He just sits there and drinks his beer. Now, though, I can see him eyeing the two lasses out of the corner of his eye.
Maybe just getting an eyeful. Girls were a rarity around here.
I clear my throat roughly and lean against the back counter again. I had a feeling I'd said too much.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

[Mi'Jette]

"Pardon me for asking so much. I get talkative when I get antsy," I explain, downing the rest of my drink.
I set my glass down and run my finger along the rim again.
Scruffy was startin' to grow on me, even if I was probably aggravating the crap out of him.
I watch his eyes and then glance at the collie when his gaze stops there.
... I wasn't sure what the collie's intentions were, but hopefully they weren't physical.
I roll my shoulders and chew on my lip ring, pondering over having another drink or not.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 am

[Reiner]

"I'm the bartender. It's my job to keep you happy." I reply bluntly, scratching my jaw.
The collie yawns and passes a hand over his face. I notice a steel ring on his thumb.
My eyes flicker back over to the two girls.
The white one is almost halfway through hers. The fennec's is nearly empty.
"Need another?" I query.

[Angel]

I'm watching the collie now.
He seems stressed and sad. I wondered why.
His clothes were a bit of makeshift scrap armor, along with several layers of common clothes.
Not wealthy enough to afford leather, then- or not skilled enough to steal it.
His fur, it looked like, he'd hastily and sloppily cut short. It was uneven, but I suppose it worked.
I considered talking to him but decide not to, and instead continue sipping my drink.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 am

[Mi'Jette]

I shrug at his words, absently spinning the glass in my hands.
My depression was starting to flare again and I shift my jaw uncomfortably.
"I pr'olly shouldn't... But yeah, sounds good," I answer, taking off my hat to run a hand through my hair, dislodging more dirt.
Alcohol kept my depression at bay pretty well and that gave me focus, strangely enough.
I let out a fairly heavy sigh, but it was more physical than audible.
I shake my head to get rid of any more dirt that was on my head or in my ears, hating the feeling of the build up.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 am

[Tarxin]

The wind had picked up considerably between the time I left the ditch I had slept in, and when I finally spotted the small town I had heard about.
Simple check point for trade, per say. Obviously nothing special to brag about when it came to visiting.
Just one of those places where one gets their shit and gets out without any question.
... My shit happened to be painkillers, hard liquor, or an overall medic of some sort: the latter being a miracle.
The bottom of my boot crushes something rather sharp and I glance down momentarily, just to see a fragile bone shattered in the dirt before it's blown away in the wind.
The wind plunges more dirt and sand particles into my torso, which sends an immense amount of pain into my head from the gash on my ribcage, which was actually fairly hidden because of my closed trench coat, but even blood showed on black at some point or another.
I pushed myself into the nearest building and the door opened fairly easily, which I closed quickly enough so the debris wouldn't filter inside to disturb whatever occupants I just happened across.
Luckily my gas mask hid my eyes as they scanned the room, counting the number of bodies, the overall perimeter, floor area, and number of objects to be used as projectiles if need be, but the mask also made others that much more suspiscious of me because they couldn't see my eyes.
I don't dwell by the door, instead, I shift over to one of the back tables and slump into a chair, almost automatically tilting it back to lean against the wall, arms folded across my chest.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

[Reiner]

My eyes shift automatically up to the newcomer as I set the fennec's drink down in front of her.
I feel the coarse fur on the back of my neck prickle- this one didn't look too friendly.
Besides the prickly feeling, however, my overall demeanor doesn't change. Nobody would notice my shift in ease.
I lick my chops and move back a step or two, grabbing a glass to polish, and relaxing against the back of the bar again.
This time, though, my eyes stayed carefully on that shady figure in the back.
He hadn't even removed his mask- how did he plan to drink? Because if he wasn't going to drink, he was taking up space, and, more importantly, space that he wasn't paying for.
"You going to drink something, stranger?" I call roughly.

[Angel]

My eyes, which had wandered to the door, now fixed with interest on the guy in the gas mask.
Unfortunately, I kind of had a thing for tall guys in gas masks and trench coats, and my pulse jacks up a shitton.
Hopefully Mi'jette doesn't notice my mischevious grin and the way my posture has shifted..
I drum my fingers once on the bar, and dare a glance at Reiner.
The pit bull seems as indifferent as ever.
Hmm..
I look back to Dark/Sexy and fight the urge to make a perverse comment to add onto Reiner's question.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 am

[Tarxin]

The moment I had opened that door I knew people were staring, but that was usual.
People don't just wear gas masks indoors.
People don't just show off their insanity either.
I shake my head a bit to dislodge the dirt in my ears and hair, shaking my shoulders a bit to get it off my coat as well.
The bartender seemed intimidating enough... Yet he was shorter than me. Could probably still take me out with ease... Looked skeptical too.
Of course he does, dumbass. You're a creepy lookin' skank from the ditch a couple miles south of here.
The two females in the front were fairly interesting... One had clearly spotted me and seemed rather... Giddy. How the Hell was that possible...? The other hadn't even looked, but I could tell she didn't need to, the rim of her glass sitting against her lips... Piercing.
"Vodka is fine," I reply to the mutt, still trying to figure out the females at the counter. They both seemed out of place, disregarding the female bit.
One of the other occupants had looked at me strangely when I had spoken, probably because my voice wasn't muffled and it logically should be... Just one of those things.

[Mi'Jette]

My fur had stood up on the back of my neck once the stranger sat down, which also made the movements of my tail slightly rigid.
Something about his aura disturbed me... I wasn't trying to be rude, but his level was hardly sane.
He's disturbed...
I also picked up a heavy scent of blood when he walked in, despite my drink being in front of my muzzle, giving me an indicator that he had recently killed someone, or he was bleeding profusely so... Which might cause him to die rather soon if not treated. I had a bad feeling it was the latter. Splatter stains usually smelled older by the time someone had traveled... His was too strong and fresh for that.
My eyes look at Reiner, who was obviously waiting for the stranger to show himself in some form, and then Angel... Who seemed perkier than ever all of a sudden. My expression may have showed my confused surprise at this, but it was only on my face for a brief moment.
It's difficult to take a drink when your face is screwed up.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 am

[Reiner]

I grunt and fish under the bar, coming up with a bottle of vodka, and grab a glass as well before picking my way over to him.
I set the glass down nearest, suddenly aware of the heavy odor of blood on this guy.
By the way my posture changed, I was sure that if anyone was looking, they'd know I hadn't marked this guy down as good in my book.
I stand at the opposite end of the table, a paw on the top of the tall bottle.
"Pays up front." I say, my voice unusually loud when it bounced back at me from the corner. Of course he'd sat in the corner..
I'm too aware that my back is now to the rest of the bar. I doubt any of them will try and hit me, but it's still not somewhere I'm comfortable with.
Should've hired one of the strays who asked for a job last time they were here... starting to remember why I hate running tables.

[Angel]

The scent of blood that he brings with him doesn't really bother me at all..
I grip the edge of the counter a bit tighter, some part of me feeling shame at the way my ears perked at the rich scent.
I take a sip of my drink before I start drooling as well.
Goddamn, but my reaction..
I can't even take my eyes off of him.
I can tell without looking that Mi'jette is not even nearly as ..interested in this guy as me. But then again, I did have weird taste..
My tail flicks amiably.
I could see this ending well.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 am

[Tarxin]

This guy clearly doesn't like me.
I watch him for a moment or two before flipping a couple chips at him, assuming it was more than necessary, but it'd make up for me unsettling everything.
"Trust me... You'd prefer the mask be kept on my face," I mumble, tilting my head a little as I watch him.
Trust me... You'd prefer never to try and take it off either.
My attention shifts back to the female who practically refused to look at me... Almost refused to acknowledge my presence. What a tease. Like she could talk... Her tail was a damn chain of bones and even that was freakin' me out because it logically didn't make any sense whatsoever.
Things don't just freak me out.

[Mi'Jette]

His gaze nearly made me want to straighten my back, but I didn't move, say for when I downed my drink.
I set the glass back down on the counter and glance at Angel again, figuring she'd want to talk to Mister-Tall-Dark-and-Mysterious fairly soon before she burst.
My canines nearly pierce my lip again from biting down so hard at having to make such a decision, but I stop before they bleed.
I nudge Angel with my knee when I turn and stand, my tail clinking the legs of the stool rather hard, which makes a sharp clang in response.
My feet, oddly enough, don't wait for Angel to stand up, but instead, carry me over to the stranger's table, where I end up sitting on the edge of the table, feet on a chair, and my eyes on him. I hadn't had much control over what just happened, yet I was intrigued beyond what I wanted to accept.
"If I didn't know any better... I'd say you needed some fixin', Gruesome."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:30 am

[Reiner]

I take the chips wordlessly, choosing not to return change on this one, but leave the bottle at the table with him rather than take it back.
I then go back to my usual spot, feeling more comfortable there.
I make sure to keep a careful eye on the corner, especially when the two girls head over there.
Interesting.. wonder if they knew him.

[Angel]

I hop off the stool and follow, my steps unusually springy, and sit down on the opposite side of the guy, far enough so that my folded wings wouldn't brush him. Not yet.
I grin lightly at Mi'jette's blunt comment, following that up with;
"Naw, he looks perfectly sexy as is."
I'd probably end up scaring him off or getting a one night stand. Either which I was okay with, though the latter would be best..
I glance up at Mi'jette, blinking. She knew me well enough to read my body language.
Usually when I didn't expect her to, which could be embarrassing, but.. it was still convenient.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top