Plague of Mortalitas

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plague of Mortalitas

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:37 pm

[Angel]

I sit up and stretch, wings quivering slightly.
I take my jeans and stand, pulling them on, and looking around for my belt.
I'm tugging my shirt on when I answer;
"I'm not sure you can complain. You are the one who started it." I said, chuckling.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I roll my shoulders to settle my jacket, tugging my goggles around my neck.
Her answer makes me snicker.
"Yeah well... That's what happens when ya put a knife to my thigh and demand that I take my pants off."
I shrug and slip my hat onto my head, flicking the bill so it pops up just enough.
"I punch like a man," I laugh, "Guys don't seem to like that in a female."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:26 pm

[Angel]

I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, tugging her back against me.
"Yea, well, I like it. So fuck their opinion." I announce.
My tail flicks idly, and I smack her ass before releasing her.
I grab my shotgun off the shelf and stuff a few shells in my pocket.
"Lets go. Maybe we'll be able to drink in peace this time."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

[Mi'Jette]

"Mm... That's good to know," I smirk, patting her hand lightly.
I snort at the smack and spin around, pinching her ass in return, sticking my tongue out at her.
I pick up my dual pistols and put them in their holsters before grabbing my hunting knife, strapping it to my thigh.
My ears momentarily swivel towards the window just to check, not picking up any noise.
"One can hope."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:42 pm

[Angel]

The pinch makes me yip.
I stand outside the door, my shotgun held at a side carry.
Sublime was hiding in my hoodie pocket, hiccuping occasionally.
"Few miles east, right?" I ask, hoping I was wrong. The wind would be in our face...
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I follow her out after rechecking the shack for anything necessary.
"Unfortunately. Might as well get goin' before the wind kicks up again... Not safe when it does," I comment.
I pull my bandanna up over my muzzle and glance around the area once again, still not picking up any strange noises.
"As long as it doesn't get dark or severely windy, we should be fine."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:53 pm

[Angel]

I make a resigned noise and tug my goggles on, my respirator afterwards.
The muscles in my back tighten a bit to keep my wings from opening before I fully face the wind and start walking.
It was going to be a miserable hour and a half.
I just hoped my shotgun wouldn't get jammed from the dust.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:57 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I pull my goggles over my eyes and start walking when she does.
The gauze that was wrapped around my usually bare arms was working rather well to block out the dirt, but it wouldn't last the entire trip.
The winds picked up dirt and sand that tended to shred thin material, such as gauze, so most people rarely lasted out here.
Luckily there were some that weren't as stupid and used leather clothing that held together.
Because of this, leather was in no way cheap and was rare when looked for.
I sighed, even though it wouldn't be heard.
Hell seemed better than this.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 pm

[Angel]

I was grateful for my ability to steal.
My now threadbare hoodie would never have lasted this long if I hadn't stolen a shitton of leather to reinforce it with a few months back.
And of course, because it was so simple, noone really payed much attention to me. Of course, I had a few valuables in my bag- but my tools were kept in various interior pockets.
Funny, nobody ever thought I was the sneaky one..
My wing twinges slightly and almost snaps open from the force of the wind. I force it closed again with much effort.
Goddamn fucking wind...
We were only a mile and a half out, too...
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 pm

[Mi'Jette]

My ears were laid back to block out as much of the dirt as possible, which was better than nothing.
I absolutely hated dirt build up in my ears. Can't hear a damn thing when that happens.
My eyes flick over to Angel, wondering how she was manage with those wings of hers. I had a feeling they were bothering her.
Granted, I'd help if I could, but I had yet to figure out a suitable way to help without uncomfortably strapping them to her torso with belts or ropes.
I managed with what I had... I just grabbed more attention than I would like because of my appearance.
Especially when it came to my tail. I had used it as a weapon so many times and it was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep with if I rolled over without moving it first.
Fucking sucked most of the time, but it had its perks.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 pm

[Angel]

I'm glad to see the shanty town appear from the dust.
I glance at Mi'jette, her tightly pinned back ears remimding me she'd have a hell of a time cleaning them out later.
I tense up slightly when I see a group of mixed wolves and cats tossed from the bar, their fur ruffled.
I can barely make out details, but I think atleast one is carrying a gun.
Hopefully they wouldn't cause further trouble, but that wasn't typically the way of the Wastes..
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I subtly take a few steps closer to Angel at the sight of the group, not wanting to take any chances.
Two females usually caught others' eyes in an instant, especially if there weren't any cheap whores sauntering about the area.
My tail flicks behind me for a moment as I think out a scenario in my head.
I could take a bullet pretty well if it came down to it, I've done it before. I didn't enjoy it, but I healed fairly well afterwards.
If rash decisions start something rash, then use rash means to end the fuckin' thing.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm

[Angel]

The sound of rauscous laughter carries over to us on the wind. Doesn't sound like there's a single female in the group.
Damn..
My tail brushes Mi'jette's.
They seem to reassemble and saunter over to us, atleast three of five obviously drunk.
"Eyyyy ladies~" one slurs.
"Fuck.." I mutter, clicking the safety on my shotgun off and shifting it in my grip.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm

[Mi'Jette]

The laughter made one of my ears twitch and I narrowed my eyes underneath my goggles, knowing they couldn't see it through the tint.
Obviously drunk... Shit.
They're harder to get through when they're drunk. Stubborn bastards.
Plus, based on this rundown place, there were no whores just hanging around. They needed to be paid, and based on what little inhabitants there were to this area, no one would really stick around here for a job, let alone for the people.
"Good day," I reply, with my bandanna still over my muzzle it helped to hide my bitter tone.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:37 pm

[Angel]

They're obviously checking both of us out.
Mi'jette's reply causes another round of laughter-for whatever reason.
"Say, why don't you come back to-" he hiccups and almost falls over. His friends grab him and push him back up.
"Come back to the hotel with us?" He finishes.
I'm already beginning to growl.
"I'd really rather not.."
"Aww, she don't like ye, Buck!" The one to his left laughs, giving him a light shove that nearly sends the drunk Buck sprawling.
I watch with disdain, feeling disgust at the though of letting one of them touch me.
I look at Mi'jette, wondering if it was worth the time to try and talk these assholes out of bothering us.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm

[Mi'Jette]

The fur on the back of my neck was standing on end by their obvious gazes, irritating me more than anything.
I nearly replied to their question, but Angel does and I manage to keep my ground when Buck nearly falls over.
The mere thought of having their rough hands touching either of us made me clench my jaw.
Disgusting... Absurdly disgusting... Foul things.
"Sorry, boys, but we've already made plans," I state, my body relaxing visibly as I tilt my head up a little, as if superior.
I set a hand on my hip and flick my ear.
"It'd be utterly rude to follow, so why don't y'all just go find some water to sober up with, eh?"
Without waiting for a reply, I hook my arm around Angel's and start to guide her around them with me blocking her from them.
Fuck if I was going to let them touch her without getting a beating first.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 pm

[Angel]

I'm relieved when they let us pass, though watching Mi'jette assert herself like that was kinda sexy..
As we push through them, my nose burns with the scent of unwashed fur and booze, along with the overlying odor of cigarette smoke.
God, they were fucking nasty....
You probably don't smell much better. Sublime's voice in the back of my mind reminded me.
Smartass gecko.
Even when we get away from the bunch, I can hear their raucous laughter still.
"Remember when girls used to complain about there being no good guys?" I grumble. "Now I can actually complain."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:05 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I stick close to Angel and keep my arm wrapped around hers just in case.
Sure, I was protective of her, but if I wasn't, she'd be injured more than usual when it came to fights.
I'd taken a lot more stabs and bullets than I would any other person.
Hell, there was only one other person that I had taken bullets for... And they ended up dying anyway because I wasn't quick enough.
"Yeah... It makes more sense. Say for that one guy... That Leopard a couple towns back," I reply;
"He was fairly decent, 'cept for when he stabbed my shoulder because he thought I was asleep and missed my throat."
That sucked. My shoulder still hurts.
"Maybe they're all hiding in one place," I chuckle.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:12 pm

[Angel]

I sigh, and snicker a little.
"Yea, he was nice."
Funny how the guys that tried to kill you in your sleep ended up being the nice ones.
Her next comment causes my ears to perk up.
"A paradise full of nice guys. That sounds as possible as finding grass again."
As if grass even existed anymore.
She was being protective again, but I couldn't really complain. I had a bad flinch reaction and it got taken advantage of alot.
I shake my head to get rid of this thought as we enter the bar. There's only a few people here now, quiet individuals who sat at their respective tables sipping drinks. They observed us out of their peripheral vision. A few might be the sort to follow us out when we left.
"Nice crowd." I comment quietly.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm

[Mi'Jette]

"Indeed he was... Good with his hands," I chuckle, my ear flicking at the memory.
I inhale deeply before exhaling fairly quiet to try and relax my shoulder muscles.
"Grass and guys. Sounds like Heaven to me."
I couldn't help but snicker at my combination of words, but it was true.
I absently rub my shoulder and crack my neck, feeling the scar tissue build up from the stab wound.
The people inside the bar were fairly shifty, as expected, but luckily there weren't too many.
I nudge Angel towards the counter, even though she already knew I hated sitting at the tables.
The tables made me feel cornered, where the counter simply gave me a wider view.
"Somethin' like that," I mutter almost silently.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 pm

[Angel]

I slide into one of the bar stools near the end, loosening my wings. The feathers ruffled for a moment before lying flat again- a few bits of down drifted to the floor, a result of the rough winds.
The bartender was a heavily built pit bull. I analyzed him quickly- the scars on his hands, knuckles especially, indicated he'd had to break up quite a few fights. There was a chunk missing from one of his ears, and he stood so that if he was hit from side, he'd keep his balance. Currently he was arranging bottles, glancing only briefly at Mi'jette and I.
Usually, bartenders were outfitted a bit better, but this one wore just jeans and a black t-shirt that looked like it had seen better days.
I wondered if he had reinforced it under the first appearance, or if he dressed like that because he knew how to handle the trouble that came through the door.
He notices me staring and catches my eye. His look is completely indifferent.
"Buy something or get out." He grunts.
I look at Mi'jette, an eyebrow raised.
"I like him."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 pm

[Mi'Jette]

My eyes had scanned the room, counting the number of others I could see in case of a newcomer or a disappearance.
Seven. Not including us or the bartender... I'd manage if this went to shit.
Angel's comment caught me off guard and I turn my attention back to the bartender to see what she meant, taking in his appearance.
He could easily rip me in half if he got a hold of me... That's what it looked like anyway.
Scruffy lookin', but I'd probably be able to get around that if he didn't seem so damn intimidating.
"Agreed."
My eyes scan over the bartender again before I make a decision on what to have, figuring if I didn't he'd be even more pissed.
"I'll go with a white Russian," I tell him, rubbing the back of my neck, "Extra liquor please."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:09 pm

[Angel]

For kicks, I add;
"Black Russian for me."
He snorts and goes about mixing the drinks. I have only a few moments to stare at the rusting walls before he walks over and sets our drinks on the table.
The glasses are chipped and scratched, but thick- there were no pretty glasses anymore.
I pull mine closer, and look up when he doesn't move away immediately.
"There aren't many women just wandering around here." He says mildly, now cleaning a glass.
Trying to start conversation, get to know us better, I suppose.
Or to see if you're affiliated with the men outside and are here to start trouble. Sublime suggests.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 pm

[Mi'Jette]

I chuckle at her request and elbow her lightly.
My eyes follow his movements as he works, mainly because I had no where else to really look.
I look down at my drink and run my finger on the rim a couple times.
The moment when I realize he isn't moving I look back up at him out of curiosity.
"Mmmnot usually," I reply, not being a bitch, just commenting.
He probably doesn't get many people who are willing to talk to him... Or he's just being careful.
"We're just travelin' mainly. Getting supplies and then we'll be heading back out. No need to worry about us stealin' from yer bar or nothin'."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 pm

[Angel]

I let Mi'jette do the talking, quietly sipping my drink and feeling a slight thrill at the familiar burn.
My wings ripple slightly again, and I'm starting to relax because there's no better way to do so than with a drink.
This pit bull wasn't so bad at mixing them, either.
"See to it that you keep to that." I hear him say, his tone gruff but not unkind.
"Hate to toss you two out."
And then he goes back to working, his eyes occasionally scanning the other seven in the room.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top