WFS/WCS/GMS Roleplay.

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WFS/WCS/GMS Roleplay.

Post  Bemottled on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 pm

[Moira]

I shrug and start sliding plates back into place.
"If it means anything, I know how you feel."
I pause, shining one of the plates.
"..Actually, no, not really. But I can tell that you're trying, and it's a hell of a thing to still be trying."
I offer her a small smile.
"That came out more pessimistic than I thought it would."
I'm.. pleased to see that she has most of it under control, but I can tell its just barely.
"So, no urge to try and make things up with Ben?"
Knowing it was a bad idea to bring it up but feeling like I needed to anyways. She obviously hadn't talked to anyone about this, and I knew it helped to do so, even if it did feel like you were breaking while you did.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 pm

[Silver]

I stayed quiet while she spoke, but nodded occasionally, glad I was around a female for once.
A female that wasn't younger than me anyway.
When she brought up Ben again, I let out a quiet sigh, knowing I needed to talk about it.
I shift my jaw a little and lean on Maphani, looking up at the ceiling.
"... He brought me the divorce papers," I finally say, feeling my eyes start to sting as I try to keep my breathing from shuddering;
"Every time I see him I just want to hug him like it was all a lie, but I know that could never happen again. He looks at me with a pained look and it just fucking hurts. I can't touch him, I can hardly even say his damn name... I can't even think about him without wanting to fall apart because it's my fault. It has to be my fault if he brought them to my damn house... He... I don't understand..."
The flow of words made me slump to the floor as tears started to fall from my eyes and I couldn't fight them off this time. It fucking hurt so much and my whole body just shook as I cried in silence, my head hung as I hold myself up with my fists on the floor.
I knew this would happen, but it was going to sooner or later and I wouldn't be able to redirect my thoughts once it started.
My entire stability and seemingly calm stature had all been shot the moment I replied to her question.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 pm

[Moira]

I listen in silence,and sigh when she finally does fall apart.
"Hey, hey..." I sit down next to her, hesitantly wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"It's alright. I know you think it's your fault, but it can't be all yours. Takes two to make a relationship work, doesn't it?" My tone soft and consoling.
"Did he ever tell you why he brought the papers..? You two seemed so happy, I can't.."
I could remember the way he looked when she was here last- the concern and adoration. I couldn't imagine that falling apart over nothing.
"Just talk if you need to." Is all I can finish up with.
Seeing as I'd ended up being the shoulder to cry on throughout the past years- being the last to sleep, if ever, kinda put that job on you- I was used to it and just naturally felt like I needed to be there for her.
Kifer seemed oblivious, or didn't care, or just felt too awkward to say anything. Was probably better that way. I doubted he'd be of any help.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:56 pm

[Silver]

Her comforting actions were making me feel just a bit more sane, but I still couldn't think straight.
"I miss him so much..." I mutter shakily, knowing it was just pointless to even say.
Pouring my depression out onto the dirt covered floor wasn't going to fix a damn thing.
All it'd do was make me look like a pathetic sob that couldn't get over a guy that dumped her on her ass.
Still... I wanted him to just hug me... I didn't acquire an apology, just him.
"I'm s-sorry..." I choke a little, my eyes burning.
That's when I get a bit dizzy and my shoulders tense up.
"I'm gonna pass ou-"
I didn't get to finish before I put my hand over my mouth, a shit ton of blood causing me to cough harshly, which spatters it onto the floor.
The nauseous feeling that comes over me causes me to sway a bit and my eyes start to roll back into my head.
Shit.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:02 am

[Moira]

What a convenient time for Mark's trick to kick in...
Sarcasm.
The blood that hits my pants and shoes doesn't bother me.
"Mark!" I call loudly.
He saunters out of his office, taking his time, which is enough reason for me to want to punch him.
When he sees the blood;
"Oh, I see the results are in. Is she feverish?"
"You're an asshole." I inform him, now going to feel her forehead.
"Sorry about this." I tell her in a quiet tone.
"How d'ya feel?"
Geez, what a question to ask her now...

[Kifer]

Passed out drunk two minutes ago, sleeping on the floor, no shits given.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:12 am

[Silver]

I wanted to swear and curse and throw whatever I could when Mark showed up.
Fuckin' piece of shit bastard... Son of a fucking bitch...
Her question took me a moment to answer, trying to force the words through the blood that was still coming up my throat.
"S-Shoot me," was what I coughed out, shuddering with my hand still covering my mouth.
I just flat out wanted to die now.
Was in the middle of crying my heart out and now I'm throwing up mouthfuls of blood with a bastard of a doctor watching.
FUCKING FABULOUS.
"Just... K-Kill me already..."
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am

[Moira]

"Sorry, hon, we're just here to help you."
I look back to Mark, glaring.
"Now would you please do something? Like what you're supposed to, maybe?"
He smiles apologetically. Smug bastard.
"Fuck you, nevermind. Go play with the stick in your ass instead."
I get up and shove past him, grabbing a bottle of water and a towel before crouching by Silver and offering her both.
"This should help, seeing as high and mighty over there isn't."
As a last thought, I pull the bucket nearby over and push it in front of her.
Should've done that to start with..
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

[Silver]

I shakily grab the water bottle and take a drink of enough to swish the blood out of my mouth before spitting it out into the bucket.
My breathing was calming down a little, but my body was still unbalanced and I cover my face with the towel.
I'd rather have a hangover right now.
"I'll show him high and mighty..." I mutter, having it be partially muffled by the towel.
My eyes shift to Mark and I tell myself I had a straight line before I ended up on the floor again.
I immediately stand and take a couple large strides towards Mark, full out swinging my fist in attempt to hit him square in the nose.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 pm

[Mark]

I might not be good out in the field, but I was used to people trying to break my face.
I manage to step out of the way, grumbling in irritation.
"Simmer down, lass. I can't do anything to help while you're puking up blood and trying to hit me."
Most other doctors might've refused to help by now. I was so used to my patients having these outbursts I rarely batted an eye anymore.
Alison, Kifer, Wulf and even little AJ had been especially prone to bouts of homicidal rage, usually directed at me. It hadn't taken long to learn the reflexes to dodge most of the attempts- just most of them. If she had tried to shoot me I probably wouldn't have been so lucky.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:48 pm

[Silver]

The moment I realized my attempt had failed, I just let my body hit the floor, heaving a bit.
God dammit...
I was exhausted already and I felt horrible, the taste of blood in my mouth stronger than I was used to, so it was making me nauseous.
Everything was on a downhill slope for me and I was just waiting for the impact at the bottom that would finally just make me stop completely.
My eyes close and I could feel how red they had gotten from crying only about a minute ago.
I didn't want to talk anymore. I just wanted to be done.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 pm

[Mark]

I sigh lightly and motion to Moira to help me. She dutifully helps me pick the girl up and move her into my office, which looks like a cross between a scientist's fun house and an engineers tinkering space.
Still, the cot she's set on is clean and the area around it free of debris.
"I'll give her a while to calm down." I tell Moira when she looks critically at me.
I sit down in my chair and start pulling a few things off of shelves and tossing them in a small glass;
A bit of sedative, some honey and milk, just general things that helped people calm down and feel better.
I wouldn't tell her to drink it immediately; I doubted she would want to drink anything I offered her after throwing up all that blood. But after she'd rested and rational thought had time to return.
And maybe when Kifer could help persuade her I wasn't here to make her life miserable.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 pm

[Silver]

I tensed up for a moment when they started to move me, but calm my sudden irrational panic almost as quickly as it came.
The entire ordeal was just wearing me out to no end and I was hoping I could go to sleep or something.
My headache was pretty strong and it wasn't helping my eyes any.
I just lie still and watch Mark, my eyes half closed.
My mood swings were getting more and more severe lately and I was blaming it on my stress levels, but maybe crying about Ben would help me settle.
"Sorry... I get angry a lot..." I mumble, my voice cracking and uneven.
I didn't want to be a complete bitch to him.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

[Mark]

"You don't have to apologize." I answer, setting the glass on a cart by her.
"You haven't tried to kill me with a scalpel yet. That's there if you want it- it won't make you throw up, rather, it'll just help you relax."
"I've narrowed down your problem, but part of that problem correlates with what I'd usually do to fix it. I'm running a few tests to see if I can alter the usual drug I use to a more..." I shrug. "Complacent level."
I roll my chair back over to my desk, pulling my notebook out again and pulling over a much larger pad of paper, starting to scribble things down.
"What Moira overlooked earlier was something simple- I could've made the same mistake. Your immune system is different, see, than anyone else here. It's stronger and also weaker in many aspects."
I sigh and push my glasses up;
"It's taken awhile, but whatever's there is finally getting you sick, because your immune system has finally slowed up enough to let it. I'm crafting some general antibiotics, just with a bit of a modified kick from this world."
Figuring she'd like the lengthy explanation, because I doubted she trusted me all that much.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

[Silver]

My gaze lands on the glass near me and I blink before looking back to him, trusting that it wasn't drugged.
His explanation was hard for me to grasp with my current mental state, but I managed to figure it out.
In other words, my condition was more complicated than it had originally seemed at first.
Oh joy.
He's trying though... It's a possibility that I could be fixed.
I nod a little and sit up enough for my liking, carefully picking up the glass.
"How... Sure are you that you can fix m-me?" I ask quietly, hating that my voice stuttered.
I wanted him to be honest... If I was going to die in this place, I damn well needed to know beforehand.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:40 pm

[Mark]

I chuckle a little at that.
"Don't worry, Im used to bullshitting this stuff. Just give me a day at max to work the formula, then I can start brewing. The good thing about this branch is that the experts were put here-even if you don't like me much, Im your best shot at fixing this."
I scratch down more terms and numbers, exhaling slightly.
"Just relax and eat something later. You'll be fine."
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:45 pm

[Silver]

I nod at his reassurance and finally take a small drink of the glass' contents.
"Sorry about Kifer, too... I'm not used to him getting drunk like that," I admit;
"But I suppose you guys are, so I shouldn't really be apologizing."
Kinda felt like I had too, even though Mark and Kifer obviously had it out for each other.
Wasn't going to ask though.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:20 pm

[Mark]

I grimace.
"Yea, well, Kifer will be Kifer. Since he found out he cant drink himself to death, hes tried twice as hard."
I can't blame him. He obviously hates it more than the average guy here.
"I'm just sorry you have to see him in that state."
I get up, picking up a small beaker of liquid.
"Sec. Need to fix the distillation rate.." I mutter, walking briskly out of the room.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 pm

[Silver]

I stay quiet and take another drink, wondering why he was sorry about it.
Sure it kind of beat the image of Kifer I had in mind, yet we were all like that in the end.
His sudden escape-like exit makes me sigh a little, setting the glass in my lap as I stare down at the contents.
I wouldn't want to be around me either...
I was so damn bipolar that I would rather shoot myself in the face if I was someone else.
... Oh well.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:09 pm

[Mark]

I wasn't really trying to escape; I really did have to check the distillation rate.
It had to be done very carefully if I wanted it to turn out right.
I hum quietly to myself while tweaking the hot plate it sat on.
Hopefully this batch would come out correctly...
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 pm

[Silver]

I yawn again and rub my jaw before going back to my drink.
Sorta wished Kifer wasn't passed out... But I wasn't going to pester him, especially while in the state I'm in.
I suppose I was clinging to him because of what happened between Ben and I.
I just wish it didn't seem that way; it hadn't been my intention.
Another sigh comes out my nose and I run my thumb over the rim of the glass as I let my mind block out a few things.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 pm

[Kifer]

I snorted a little and rolled over.
Wasnt waking from my drunken coma anytime soon..
Moira walked past me to clean up the blood, muttering to herself in a worried tone and seemingly talking to the mechanical horse every few minutes as well.

(Im thinking time skip, unless you have something you want to do xD)
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:34 pm

(Nahhh I think I'm good for a timeskip lol)

[Silver]

I could hear Maphani scraping at the floor again from here and I look about the room out of bored curiosity.
At least it wasn't cold like I remember... Then again, I was in an enclosed building.
I blink slowly and finish my drink, setting the glass back down on the cart, before curling up on my side.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:20 am

(Time Skip)

[Kifer]

I snort and wake up more suddenly than I'm used to, staring at the blurry ceiling of what had at one point been Alison and I's shared room at the facility.
Fuck, I hadn't even thought about this room in years, much less slept in it. How did I even get here?
I blink again, my blurry focus of the ceiling sharpening enough for me to see the random posters we'd put there to cover the perforated surface of the facility's ceiling.
I shift slightly, and instantly regret it; a multitude of aches and pains make themselves know all across my body, mostly in my back, neck, and shoulders.
"Jesus fuck, did I screw a horse or something...?" I mutter, rolling onto my side and patting around on the bed for a bottle that I knew had to be somewhere nearby.
I find a god-knows-how-old bottle of scotch, only half empty, and pull the cork off without hesitation.
Would've been nice to find a woman there, too, but oh well.

(You can still pop Silver in on the other side if you want, since Kifer's observation skills upon being hungover are awful)
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:30 am

[Silver]

My lack of sleep hadn't bothered me much, but it was rather boring when I woke up before everyone.
Did a bit of an exercise routine around the place and managed to wake up myself up that much more, which was a perk in itself, however, I still felt off.
Go figure.
I wasn't sure who had moved Kifer, yet I found him in a room completely sacked out. The scent of his liquor choice about killed my brain activity and I figured he wouldn't remember anything at all about what might have happened during his intoxication.
Due to this development, an idea spurred in my head and I had the utter urge to follow such idea... Despite the possible consequences that could follow. I didn't care much since I felt half dead already, so I acted upon it.
Some time later, with hardly any movement from Kifer, I started to rub a black substance off my hands with a rag that looked like it was already covered in oil.
His abrupt awakening scares the shit out of me and I put a hand to my mouth to keep from squeaking or something, glancing at him. I was sitting at the end of his bed, starting to wonder if he was even going to see me sitting here or not. His self-inquiry causes me to chuckle, which I sort of stifled, and simply go back to half-ass attempting to clean my hands.
Midge
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 am

[Kifer]

I'm starting to take a long drink when my eyes finally find Silver, and it startles me so bad I nearly spit the drink out.
I do, however, choke a moment and am subject to the sharp and very effective waking-up method of having scotch hit a raw throat.
"F-" I cough a bit more, setting the bottle down. "Fuck, scared the shit out of me. When did you get here? Better question, how did I get here..?"
I rub my shoulder, grimacing slightly.
"And what did I do to get so sore?"
You would have thought I'd woken up like this enough times to take it in stride, but no, I was still insisting on knowing what had happened while I was drunk. And how I had gotten the place I did.
I honestly didn't doubt I stumbled in here due to being drunk. Very possible it was a subconcious crash destination by now.
Bemottled
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top